What the Bible says about light and seed

The True Light "In him, (the Lord Jesus) was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world,…the world didn’t recognize him." John 1:4,9.

The Good Seed and the Weeds “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seeds in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. Matthew 13:24,25.

Sunday, January 14, 2024

The Seed of Light - M. R. Vincent.

The Seed of Light - M. R. Vincent.
Reposted from Bible Hub
The Seed of Light
M. R. Vincent, D.D.
 
Psalm 97:11 Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.
 
I just finished posting an excellent and insightful word of encouragement by a 18th. century Pastor (1834-1922) on my blog in response to a post about a beautiful lighthouse by a dear sister, I wrote something about the lighthouse picture that I have had as a header since 2010.
 
The title for my blog came after a few days of prayers and asking the Lord for guidance on what that title should be and sharing my thoughts with my wife. We settled on "The Light Seed", it seemed so appropriate, fitting the main themes that inspire me and have had a great impact on my life. Many times I have wanted to quit but the Lord keeps reminding me to keep the good fight and sent me some encouragement, hope and confirmations.
 
Last year, in 2018 I added a scripture, Psalm 97:11 You know how it works, a verse could be hidden from your eyes for years of bible reading and then, the light shines on this singular verse that has so much meaning at this precise juncture in your life. The discovery of this morning gem happened as I was looking at my blog´s ranking with Google.
 
A few years back, when I googled my blog it was on the first pages with several entries for my personal articles, even before the counterfeit New Age, occult diversions and awful dark games were using the "light and seed" in different combinations to lure in a click bait fashion and so deceive their public. I am sure that was the Lord inspiring the choice of such a title as a predominant theme throughout the blog. I had to scroll down 4 pages before my blog appeared near the bottom of the page where it had been relegated by the algorithm
 
But right before, the page from the Bible Hub caught my attention. It was such a confirmation and such a personal encouragement that I wanted to share with my brothers and sisters on FB and RR. I think and pray for them, but sometimes it´s easier and faster to post somebody else´s word of encouragement and hope to those in need of such.
 
I am still working on several articles and testimonies from some time ago, but the need is pressing to lift up our suffering brethren and I feel time is crucial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is appreciated and helps me in choosing various subjects for my posts. Thank you. Ce blogger apprécie vos commentaires qui l´aident à choisir de nouveaux thèmes.. Seus comentarios são bemvindos e ajudam este blogger na escolha de uma variedade de temas.