What the Bible says about light and seed

The True Light "In him, (the Lord Jesus) was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world,…the world didn’t recognize him." John 1:4,9.

The Good Seed and the Weeds “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seeds in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. Matthew 13:24,25.

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

How Can a Woman Make the Earth Tremble?

 Part 2 of 3 of relationships.

Written and published by Jean-Louis Mondon

I want to share something that I discovered in Proverbs 30:21-23

I have heard many testimonies from men (friends, acquaintances and customers that I had met for the first time for one hour) who have opened their hearts to me about this situation and invariably I have gotten the same answer. I hope that it will help you if you need to counsel married couples or if younger people who want to get married ask for your advice in their relationships.

Maybe God put that verse as a warning to those who would take the time to read it and ask for the wisdom and understanding to relate it to their own relationships.

In my work I helped a lot of people who need their locks re-keyed because of marital problems. Some men started telling me about their problems, that they don't understand how their girlfriend or wife could treat them so badly when they were so good and nice to them. Then I would ask the same questions: Was she emotionally or physically or sexually abused as a child, a teenager or later on by a stepfather, a relative, a boyfriend or a husband, (which certainly would cause the person to feel “unloved”) The answer is invariably: Yes, but how did you know? And I’d share with them what the Bible says.

21 Under 3 things the earth trembles.....23 an unloved woman who is married.

The French translation which I believe closer to the Greek and Hebrew says: "the earth trembles because of .... a scorned woman who marries".

Or another one straighter to the point:  "Three things make the earth tremble ...... a woman who is hateful who finds a man to marry".

When some time ago I surmised from the little information you gave me that you were abused by your husband, my heart sank, because I have a tendency to be attracted to hurting people whom I want to console, comfort and to see restored to emotional health. This, however doesn't mean that the Lord cannot heal the wounds and take away bitterness. I know He has done it for me and countless other people. 

I realized that the primary application refers to a wife who feels rejected when her husband prefers another woman as in the case of Rachel and Leah. In Genesis 29:31, “The Lord saw that Leah was “unloved” and he had opened her womb, but Rachel was barren”.

The word in Hebrew is “sane’” which is used in the OT 145 times and ranges from intense hatred to simple opposition of persons of things (ideas, words, inanimate ob“ Sane” expresses the ill-will and aversion between a husband and a wife. (Rachel and Leah) (The Hebrew-Greek Key Study Bible Notes).

In Hebrews 12:25, 28 says: "Once more, I will shake not only the earth but the heavens, 27. the words "once more" indicate the removal of what can be shaken, that is created things, SO THAT WHAT CANNOT BE SHAKEN MAY REMAIN.

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that CANNOT BE SHAKEN, let us be thankful and so worship God with reverence and awe for "our God is a consuming fire."

So I see that one of the way to let oneself be taken in a trap of our own making and allow oneself to be deceived is if one allows one´s flesh and emotions (whatever is earthy in us) to have control of one´s life and to guide our decisions making process. 

But if we ask the Lord to purify and burn whatever is in the way and displeasing to Him, this is the only way that we don't have to worry if a woman is deceitful. 

Of course, this sounds well and good on piece of paper, but let´s remember that Solomon the wisest man on the earth blessed with wisdom of God messed up big time with his 100´s of wives. 

Sometimes God gives us what we need, what He knows we need to grow into the person He wants to fashion instead of wishing for what and who we want.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is appreciated and helps me in choosing various subjects for my posts. Thank you. Ce blogger apprécie vos commentaires qui l´aident à choisir de nouveaux thèmes.. Seus comentarios são bemvindos e ajudam este blogger na escolha de uma variedade de temas.