What the Bible says about light and seed

The True Light "In him, (the Lord Jesus) was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world,…the world didn’t recognize him." John 1:4,9.

The Good Seed and the Weeds “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seeds in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. Matthew 13:24,25.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

I Miss You - A Coffee Shop Interlude


Written and Published by Jean-Louis Mondon in 2014 
French original text " Tu me manques" 2007. Composed for my sweet wife and inspiration as my faithful traveling companion along life´s journey.

I MISS YOU

I miss you
As the poet without his muse
As a capuccino without a croissant
On a sunny happy morning
As Tutti without Frutti
Woudn´t that be something?

I miss you
As a forest without trees
As an orchard without bees
 As lips without kisses
As alas, my arms weary
of not embracing you

I miss you
As a station without a train
As a goodbye, see you again
Without tears, nor handkerchief
 To dry them out

I miss you
As in nostalgia
With no object nor subject
Without a sunset 
As a backdrop
For your gracious silhouette
Fading away stolen innocently
From the empty hope chest
In the attic of my head

I miss you
As a gentle zephyr
In the midst of a raging tempest
As a mute on a trumpet
Announcing a welcome lull

I miss you
As a snow storm without
Oat flakes on a flowered table cloth
Instead of a white grave sheet
For a lonely breakfast
Spent in chatting alone
with a bouquet of bright pansies
In a long monologue
Without a friendly echo sharing
The memories of yesteryear

I miss you
Without fear of being wrong
Without worry of emotions
Nor the need to learn
To understand each other
Without reason, nor questions
At the dawn of our home coming
Dreamed of in the eternal kingdom
Of never again. 

Jean-Louis.


2 comments:

  1. Having lost my beloved's love...at least until Heaven.
    Not having his heart near mine is how I related to your poem.
    Quite heart-broken and heart felt.
    Lonely as a window of wandering shadows, rolling beneath ribbons of silver and blue Maranatha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, my sister. I am sorry for your loss realizing that no poetry for a heart felt absence of a loved could express in the right measure.
    The other poem you liked "The Inescapable Curtain" I believe was a gift from the Lord to my wife and family who were grieving for their friend a lovely and sweet Christian sister who died still in her prime after a páinful struggle with cancer.
    I had never met her, but loved her through all the stories shared by my wife who was very close to her.
    I was just an instrument used to express what they were feeling but couldn´t put in words. That was quite an humbling experience of the unique brotherly bond that exists between Christian.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is appreciated and helps me in choosing various subjects for my posts. Thank you. Ce blogger apprécie vos commentaires qui l´aident à choisir de nouveaux thèmes.. Seus comentarios são bemvindos e ajudam este blogger na escolha de uma variedade de temas.