What the Bible says about light and seed

The True Light "In him, (the Lord Jesus) was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world,…the world didn’t recognize him." John 1:4,9.

The Good Seed and the Weeds “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seeds in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. Matthew 13:24,25.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Praying Informally

Praying Informally
Q. Jesus said that whatever we ask in His name will be granted but it becomes cumbersome to say “In Jesus’ name” every time I thank Him for something or ask Him to bless someone. I find that I start saying it more as a chant than in reverence. Also, do we need to confess we are sinners and ask for forgiveness every time we pray? Or is once a day sufficient? I find that after I go through all the formalities every time I talk to God, sometimes I forget what I was going to pray about. It also takes a lot of the “spontaneity” out of the conversation, when spontaneity is what I’m trying to add to my prayers.

A. In my opinion you’re being way too structured about this. If you had a best friend who was your constant companion you would maintain a running conversation. (This is what Paul meant when he said, “Pray without ceasing” in 1 Thes. 5:17) You wouldn’t be bound by rules of formality but would bring up whatever was on your mind. (This is praying as the spirit leads you.) If you did something that disappointed or offended your friend you would say you’re sorry. (This is asking forgiveness.) Think of your relationship with Jesus the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is appreciated and helps me in choosing various subjects for my posts. Thank you. Ce blogger apprécie vos commentaires qui l´aident à choisir de nouveaux thèmes.. Seus comentarios são bemvindos e ajudam este blogger na escolha de uma variedade de temas.