What the Bible says about light and seed

The True Light "In him, (the Lord Jesus) was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world,…the world didn’t recognize him." John 1:4,9.

The Good Seed and the Weeds “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seeds in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. Matthew 13:24,25.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Slave To Fear


A Slave To Fear

 gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher

Q. I am saved and attend a great church, but lately I have been battling with fear. I search in the word of God for verses on fear and I read that we should not be afraid but somehow I continue to do so. I have tried to not fear some things and I find myself in the same place. I know the word of God, I know that he is faithful. So why am I afraid, why is the fear still there?  I’m tired of fearing these things, I want to let them go.

What is it that I’m doing wrong. Please, it drives me crazy when I know that God is forever merciful and loving. Why? I don’t understand why I feel this way. I have made him my savior and I’m his child. I’m tired. I want to let go. I have prayed about it. I really have. I have cried myself to sleep sometimes because I don’t want to be afraid. If God offers peace what is wrong with me? Help me please.


A. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. (Romans 8:15-16)

The Lord’s will is that you no longer be afraid but trust in Him to protect you. Therefore the fear you feel is from the devil.  Resist him and he’ll flee from you (James 4:7) You have been given the authority to take your fearful thoughts captive and make them obedient to Christ (2 Cor. 10:3-5).  Instead of crying yourself to sleep, stand up and rebuke these fears in the name of Jesus.  Get into the Word and learn the promises the Lord has made to you.  One of my favorites is Phil. 4:4-7 When I feel fearful or uncertain, I begin thanking God for all the blessings He’s given me.  Before I’m finished, I’m at peace.

The enemy has persuaded you to reduce your thoughts to their lowest level.  In Phil 4:8-9 Paul tells you to elevate them to their highest level.  You have the right to choose the thoughts that will occupy your mind, and only need to exercise it. But you can’t just deny the fear, you have to replace it with thoughts of protection and blessing from Bible verses and your own experience, proving to yourself that your fear is unfounded.  Since God has protected you in the past, it stands to reason that he’ll do so in the future.  He is faithful after all.  As you convince yourself, your fears will go away and the enemy will flee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is appreciated and helps me in choosing various subjects for my posts. Thank you. Ce blogger apprécie vos commentaires qui l´aident à choisir de nouveaux thèmes.. Seus comentarios são bemvindos e ajudam este blogger na escolha de uma variedade de temas.