What the Bible says about light and seed

The True Light "In him, (the Lord Jesus) was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world,…the world didn’t recognize him." John 1:4,9.

The Good Seed and the Weeds “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seeds in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. Matthew 13:24,25.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

BBC News - The myth of the eight-hour sleep and What the Word of God Says about sleep

BBC News - The myth of the eight-hour sleep

How well do you sleep at night?

This is what the Bible says about God´s children who believe in Him, trust Him and live by His Word:


Proverbs 3:21, 24. My son preserve sound judgment and discernment, do not let them out of your sight,  they will be life for you, an ornament to grace your neck. when you lie down, you will not be afraid, when you lie down your sleep will be sweet.

Psalm 4:4, 8. In your anger do not sin, when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent.
I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone , O Lord make me dwell in safety.
Psalm 63:6: ...On my bed I remember you, I think of you through the watches of the night.
But It also says this about anxiety, fear and disturbed sleep:
20 But the wicked are like the tossing sea,
which cannot rest,
whose waves cast up mire and mud.
21 “There is no peace,” says my God, “for the wicked.
Isaiah 57: 20,21



It also speaks of the mercy and grace of God for those who are contrite and come to Him asking for forgiveness for their sins and accepting God´s pardon found in the Savior Jesus-Christ who died on the cross and want to receive the free gift of eternal life and become a new creature through the second new spiritual birth because of His resurrection from the dead.
Comfort for the Contrite
And It will be said: “Build up, build up, prepare the road!
Remove the obstacles out of the way of my people.”
15 For this is what the high and exalted One says—
he who lives forever, whose name is holy:
“I live in a high and holy place,
but also with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit,
to revive the spirit of the lowly
and to revive the heart of the contrite.
16 I will not accuse them forever,
nor will I always be angry,
for then they would faint away because of me—
the very people I have created.
17 I was enraged by their sinful greed;
I punished them, and hid my face in anger,
yet they kept on in their willful ways.
18 I have seen their ways, but I will heal them;
I will guide them and restore comfort to Israel’s mourners,
19 creating praise on their lips.
Peace, peace, to those far and near,”
says the LORD. “And I will heal them.”
Isaiah 57:14-19


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is appreciated and helps me in choosing various subjects for my posts. Thank you. Ce blogger apprécie vos commentaires qui l´aident à choisir de nouveaux thèmes.. Seus comentarios são bemvindos e ajudam este blogger na escolha de uma variedade de temas.